Musicians and Entertainers
- The Owain Phyfe Appreciative Listener Society (OPALS)
When Owain Phyfe joins us, Cantiga becomes... (drumroll please)
The New World Renaissance Band!!
The Owain Phyfe Appreciative Listener Society (OPALS) is dedicated to providing information and resources for fans of Owain Phyfe and the New World Renaissance Band (NWRB).
Owain just returned from his third tour with veteran rocker Richie Blackmore (you remember- Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water..?") The sold out European tour culminated with a concert at the Munich opera house performing to a packed house. Way to go Owain!
You can also get Owain's tour schedule ! here.
- Jamal Mohamed
This is the cool website of our good friend Jamal Mohamed who is a master of Middle Eastern drumming. Jamal has played on our last two CDs, "The Otter's Pool" and "Martha's Dragon". He joins us as special guest artist for concerts and ren festivals each year in the Dallas and Houston area.
- Max Dyer's website
Max is cellist with Cantiga and a member of the band since 1985. He is a professional cellist in Houston and performs with the Houston Ballet and Houston Grand Opera and with Cantiga each year at the Texas Renaissance Festival. Max enjoys keeping up with Cantiga's webpage and helping produce the band's recordings.
- The Real Rio Blue Site
Our good friend Rio Blue, Martha's next door neighbor and the Host with the Most in Tune Town.
- Jim Hancock dot calm
Jim Hancock is one of our oldest friends and founder of the Burley Minstrels along with Bob Bielefeld. Check out his burley site.
- The Ded Bob Show
- yeah it's Bob alright- go here and get Bobmotized.
and Ded Bob (Clark) lives next door to Martha's little house in Tune Town
- Don Juan and Miguel
Here's the webpage of our good friends Don Juan and Miguel. This whip-cracking, sword fighting comic duo have been spreading laughter and hilarity throughout the Renaissance Festival circuit for over 20 years.
CHECK OUT THEIR NEW, REMODELED WEBSITE! (12/06) Istanpitta is a Texas based Early Music Ensemble performing 13 and 14th c. Instrumental and vocal works on historical instruments. Our lovely Michelle Levy is a frequent performer with Istanpitta.
- Psalteria - The Ladies' Medieval Music Group
4 sexy girls from the Czech Republic. great band! very cool! watch their fun VIDEO
- Heather Dale
Heather Dale is a modern Celtic singer-songwriter and instrumental performer from Toronto, Canada. Her music reflects a fascination with the stories of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, particularly the ancient legends of King Arthur.
"Broceliande is a Celtic and Early Music Quartet from the San Francisco Bay Area, which specializes in music inspired by or traditionally performed during each of the four seasons. "
- Avalon Rising
A Great Celtic Rock Band form the San Francisco Bay Area.
Web Radio stations
- The Grog and Gryphon
- Here's a link to The Grog and Gryphon; a fantasy drama (which features some of our music) by Bill Hollweg "Have Sword...
Barbarian in need of Ale..."
- Renaissance Festival Podcast's Journal
- Marc Gunn's Renaissance Festival Music Podcast. Every week, Marc will bring you the latest updates and play music for bands performing at Renaissance Festivals in your neck of the woods.
- Highlander Radio
- A great Celtic Radio station on the web. request "Cantiga" !
- Streaming Audio from host Zoe Montana. A very cool station! They are featuring Cantiga's music!
- Celtic Sunday Brunch
- "Celtic Sunday Brunch" airs every Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Eastern Time. Live audio streaming of all WDVR programming.
For a great two hour ALL CANTIGA broadcast go to
The Mists of Avalon
- Michelle Levy's Myspace site
- Upcoming gigs, new blog entries... check back often for updates!
- Steve Jobe
- "Composer, instrument builder, avant-garde cabaret master and all-purpose madman..." Rick Massino, The Providence Journal
Our fiddler, Michelle Levy, and Steve Jobe have been performing together for several years.
- Knight of Arms Stationery
- Medieval Knight Renaissance Stationery Invitations.
This medieval knight of arms stationery is great for renaissance festivals, renaissance faires, parties and wedding invitations.
- song sprouts
- Grow as an artist, grow as a listener!
SONG SPROUTS brings together a world audience hungry for some new free music, your next set of favorite independent artists, and the desire that new fans like you have to support them once they're discovered!
- Michelle Levy's Art Portfolio
This is Michelle's online art portfolio; just updated 12/11/06! When she's not fiddling, she's illustrating or making life-size puppet characters. You should hire her!
- TRIGALLIA: Biennial fantastic Celtic Festival in the town of Argenta (Italy)
Trigallia is a Celtic Festival that happens every two years in the town of Argenta (Italy) that is 50 km South-East from Bologna. Into this festival you can find a small old village composed by huts built with straw and wood, animals, fires, artisans and more. Furthermore at every festival you can see the shows of some of the most important artists of celtic music. The next festival will happen in June 2007.
- Mike Miller Photography
- Mike is an incredible photographer who took the picture of us on our home page. We warmly recommend him!
- Worlde Arcane - Collaborative Swords and Sorcery Storytelling
- Check out this cool site! This is a game of collaborative writing and looks like a lot of fun.
Our tune "Martha's Dragon" is featured as an optional soundtrack.
- A CDbaby related site which is an online "storefront" for thousands of indy bands
check out Cantiga's page at
- Celtic MP3 Magazine
- The Celtic MP3s Music Magazine is a free weekly Celtic music magazine featuring free music downloads of Celtic, Scottish, Irish music from around the world. Subscribe to receive to free Celtic MP3s in every issue, plus, get Celtic news and reviews.
- Chris Brown's Photography
- Chris Brown is a superb photographer with many stunning shots from Renaissance Festivals. He manages to capture the magic like nobody else!
- Bards Crier Music Marketing and Promotion Ezine
- Great free info about web promotion from our friend Bard Marc Gunn
- Nightwatch Recording
- Classical Crossover for the 21st Century. Home of The New World Renaissance Band, Cantiga, Owain Phyfe, Stefano Pando,
and many other early music recording artists.
Nightwatch Recording has specialized in capturing the music of the many Renaissance Festivals across the country, seeking to recreate the spirit of late medieval and renaissance repertoire.
- Renaissance Festival.com
- A good site with links to all things Renaissance Festival!
Browse the Faire Directory, shop for the best in renaissance era clothing and follow links to other realms.
- The Online Portfolio of
Award Winning Artist Paula Tabor
*SLUSH PILE: On the desk of every editor, art director and manager there is a pile of unsolicited manuscripts, illustrations and resumes. These are often regarded with a mixture of expectation and dread. The next big success could be hidden there like a jewel, but there's just so much to shovel through!
I hope that this work is just the gem
you're looking for. Happy Mining!
- Brobdingnagian Bards, Celtic Folk Music
- visit Bard Marc Gunns informative site for lots of great free info about the web, and free Celtic MP3s, Poetry, Pictures, Cats, Music Business Newsletters & More.
These guys are magnanimous!
- All of Cantiga's CDs can be purchased here in the MP3 format. MP3tunes is a website selling MP3 files, so it needs no special software and works on *any* computer: Mac OS X, Mac OS 8/9, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, etc.
You can also get Cantiga MP3s at:
Rhapsody, Napster, Apple iTunes, Weed, EMEPE3, BuyMusic, Music4Cents, MusicMatch, Etherstream, NetMusic, QTRnote, Puretracks,Viztas, MSN, Emusic, LoudEye, MusicNet, Mperia, OnlinePromo, RuleRadio, DigiPie, WeedFiles, MusicNow, Share NewYork (WeedICP), iSound, PlayIndies.
- CD Baby - Cantiga CD's online!
- Here's where you can purchase all our CDs online by credit card.
You can also listen to the first 2 minutes of all our tunes!
Just follow the links for
"Once Upon a Time"
"The Otter's Pool"
"Martha's Dragon" and
"Live the Legend".
- Mac Perry, St Petersburg's "Renaissance Man"
- A fascinating guy, Mac is an artist (see his paintings on this site) author, archeologist and one man entertainer. A regular at the Bay Area Renaissance Festival and a now fine new friend, we warmly commend him to you!
- The Tudor Times
- The Tudor Time an online e-zine from our friend Maggie Boleyn. If you enjoy the fun, fashion and frolic of the English Renaissance, then you should be heading to this website.
- Renaissance Faire Home Page
- The most complete archive of Renfaire related links that we know of..